Saturday, December 14, 2013

cacti, pizza, shredded chicken


Friday morning (12/13) my honey headed out to do a bunch of errands for me (he is so sweet….he said it was a ZOO!) and I got busy with my last runs of caramel popcorn and sugared pecans (no pics of those, you’ve already seen them.  Instead I took another picture of Michael’s Christmas cacti, both of which are now blooming):

 


I got my popcorn and pecans done (this time the oven was only on for 3 hours!) and even got to read in the afternoon.  I finished THE ASTRONAUT WIVES CLUB by Lily Koppel, an interesting true story about the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo crews and how their wives had to cope with what was happening.  We got a chicken/bacon/artichoke/spinach pizza from Papa Murphy’s (which you bake at home):
 


 And just before the pizza came out, I retrieved my chicken breasts which had been cooking on the back porch, and got them shredded and frozen:
 
If there is an easier way to make cooked, shredded chicken for my recipes than using my crockpot and Kitchen Aid mixer, I don’t know what it could be.  The whole thing including loading the crockpot in the morning and shredding and washing everything at night took literally 15 minutes.  Anyway, we enjoyed out pizza and relaxed and watched TV and knit for the rest of the night.

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever tried putting a video in the blog?
    Love ME

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.