Tuesday, December 3, 2013

jam/cheese log, turkey casseroles


So, Michael left for golf on Monday (12/2) at about the same time I ran over to Susan’s to heat up the oven and throw in my jam/cheese log.  I go back 20 minutes later to put jam on and bake for another 5 minutes.  I can’t tell if Susan is home or not because I can’t hear a thing, even though she said she would be home around 9 AM from swimming and would go straight into the shower.  Anyway, I don’t want her to come out and be startled, so I start to talk mindless drivel just so that if she is in the shower, when she gets out she will know someone is there.  It is HARD to talk to yourself, about nothing, for 5 full minutes!!!  Anyway, Susan comes out and says ‘who are you talking to’?  I explain that I’m just talking so that she will know someone is there…predictably she thinks I’m nuts  J.  Anyway, the log is baked and I run with it across the street to greet my guests:
 
this really is MY favorite breakfast treat....WAY
ahead of the killer pecan sticky buns....which are
Michael's favorite...or maybe he likes what he calls
'drake's cake on steroids' coffee cake the best...I'm not sure
We had a very nice morning, and when everyone left before NOON, I ran to the library and the grocery store.  Once home I continued working on the Santa Sacks for our Angel Tree gifts until about 2, then headed to the kitchen to work on dinner.  I made 4 casseroles of turkey/pasta/cheese sauce:

before the smurfy crumb/Parmesan/butter topping...

and after....





 

 

 

one for us, one for Anne & Bryce, one for Sally & Jimmy and one for the freezer, and was just finishing up when Michael got home with an 88 from golf.  We ended up not having the casseroles for dinner (Anne was already getting dinner from one of the other neighbors) so we just finished up leftovers.  It was TV watching and knitting in the evening, except for making the dough for 20 rolls to rise overnight and be baked at the Stitch & Chat Christmas party on Tuesday.

3 comments:

  1. cheese log in your blog. YUM!! G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb - The jam/cheese log looks absolutely delicious. When is your oven getting fixed? Loved the pictures of the kids in your previous emails. Just didn't have time to reply every time. Please know that every time you bake you make my mouth water. Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drakes Cakes on steroids...the best -- these pics were great!!

    love me

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.