Wednesday, December 18, 2013

hot cocoa cookies, caramel pecan bars, jam/cheese logs

Michael left for golf on Wednesday (12/18) and I finally got some cookies made.  I made the dough for the hot cocoa cookies DAYS ago…but just never baked them…so today was the day.  You bake a chocolate cookie bottom, then place 1/2 a marshmallow on them and bake a few more minutes:


then you drizzle a chocolate mixture on top and add a few sprinkles:


 The MINUTE I saw these cookies on the internet…I said “Joanne’….that’s the friend that picks me up every week for Stitch & Chat.  Usually on my recipes I make notes that say ‘excellent’ or ‘easy to make’ or something like that.  On this recipe…I just wrote ‘OMG!!!!’  Her hubby (who does woodworking projects for me) doesn’t like chocolate AT ALL…..so I made him some Caramel Pecan Bars:


 
That took me until almost 2 PM, when I hopped in the car and headed over to Nancy H’s house.  We haven’t seen each other in FOREVER…and it was wonderful to sit and chat and chat and chat!  When I came home, Michael was just going out for a walk with the dog, but I asked him to make it a short one as we were going over to visit with Sally & Jimmy.  I also asked him if he had tried the new cookies…and he said ‘OH MY GOD!!!  I had 2 and they are great’.  I packed up a bunch of goodies for delivery along the way, and we spent a wonderful hour with S&J talking and drinking tea!  We were home by 6 and had soup and cornbread for dinner, then settled in to watch TV for a bit.  Janice called (she has been in class during the day for 2 weeks, so we’ve had our weekly phone call in the evening) and we talked for about an hour.  I put together 2 jam/cheese logs after that (for breakfast at quilting):


 and settled in again around 9:45 to watch a bit of TV before bed.

1 comment:

  1. The hot chocolate cookies sound wonderful and look great too ! Do you have an electronic copy of the recipe to send ? MJ

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.