Thursday, December 5, 2013

my furry kids and I


I worked in the studio Tuesday morning (12/3) and finished the Santa Sacks (picture soon).  At about 12:15 I headed up to the Lake House with my roll dough to get the rolls baked before the Stitch & Chat party started.  It was a nice party, but I started thinking…we always do a giant salad bar with bread and desserts….it’s DECEMBER…why don’t we do soup?  Anyway, my rolls went in a flash and I took home my empty pan.  I stopped at my house on the way to taking Joanne home to give her my Santa Sacks and all of the Angel Tree gifts that she graciously volunteered to wrap for me (she is a DOLL….I HATE wrapping and am terrible at it!) Almost as soon as I got home, Willa came for a visit, then Donna stopped by to pick up a pattern and have me wind her yarn and Jan stopped in as well.  It seemed like the phone never stopped ringing while people were visiting….it truly felt like Grand Central Station for a while.  And before dinner, Joanne returned ALL of the gifts, beautifully wrapped!!  We baked 2 casseroles for dinner in Anne & Bryce's oven (one for them, one for us) and in the evening, Michael and I made a quick stop at Michael’s )more yarn for baby sweaters) before heading to the movies.  We saw Last Vegas…a good movie that made us laugh out loud, but unfortunately hit a little too close to home!

IAM AN IKEA VIRGIN NO MORE!!!  After my usual 9 AM phone call on Wednesday (12/4) from Janice(with company):





at 10 AM Leslie picked up me and Jan and Loree and we headed off to Ikea.  We walked and walked and walked and finally stopped for lunch (yum, Jan and I split Swedish meatballs and a piece of chocolate cake!)  After lunch all of us got ‘on the board’ with merchandise in our cart.  Finally around 3 PM we headed for the checkout line.  We were all exhausted, but happy, and especially appreciative of last minute purchases of cinnamon buns and bags of Swedish meatballs.  I was so tired when I got home that I basically sat in one place or another reading (again with company)







or watching TV until 8:30 PM when I finally roused myself enough to make dough for 20 rolls that I will be taking to the Scrap Happy Quilters Christmas Party on Thursday.  The best thing that happened Wednesday afternoon????  It only took 45 minutes, and just under $300 to get my oven fixed J.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.