Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Elsi & Cookie, flip flop purse

Michael’s tee off time at Fort Mill wasn’t until 10:30 on Monday (12/30), so he got to have a leisurely breakfast before leaving.  I made a quick trip to the library and the bank, then settled in to try to understand a new embroidery I wanted to do.  I had company while I was working:

I was just finishing up at 3:30 when Michael got home and told me that he liked the back 9, with a 43, but hated the front with a 47…for a sucky 90.  I got my embroidery trimmed and turned and here it is:


 
 
 
 
 
 
 

a cell phone/coin/$$$/treasure purse in the shape of a flip flop!  I think it’s really cute, and plan to make a few more with some extra fabric I have lying around.  I’m sure the next ones will go faster now that I understand how it all goes together, plus I hopefully won't make the mistakes I made in the first one.  The only bad thing that happened was my iron crapped out in the middle of doing it!  I tried everything, but it wouldn’t heat up.  I tore my studio apart until I found a teeny, tiny one…probably 4 square inches of hot space….I guess I’ll have to look for a new one in 2014…and it wasn’t even that old L.  Michael and I had pot pies for dinner and watched IT”S COMPLICATED, an old movie with Meryl Streep who we both think is a FABULOUS actress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.