Friday, July 12, 2019

SHQ Show & Tell


I guess I’m still not totally acclimated to South Carolina time because I woke up at 5 AM on Thursday (7/11) and couldn’t get back to sleep.  So I figured I might as well get up and be productive!


I put together roll dough as it was food day at quilting, and unpacked a bit more before Michael loaded up the car and I took off.  It was a great crowd, with wonderful show and tell:  


















and wonderful and yummy food as well:  







We did have a bit of excitement when we were eating lunch and Denise said “June, your machine is on fire”!  June ran over to her machine and whipped out the plug.  Guess something shorted out….good thing Denise decided to forgo lunch and saw it relatively quickly as she was working nearby.  I was home by 1 PM and ready for a nap.  I don't think my nap was due to jet lag, after all…taking a nap after quilting is pretty par for the course even when I haven’t been anywhere!!.  BUT, I do feel I am still suffering a few other jet lag effects....my eating is still all off balance.  Neither Michael nor I had anything to eat yesterday until 2 PM….and neither one of us felt all that hungry.  And after having only popcorn last night for dinner, I think I should have been ravenous this morning, but didn’t have any hunger pangs so I waited to eat until lunchtime at quilting.  I felt a bit nauseous around lunchtime, so only took a little bit of food.  Well, I guess the upset stomach came from so little food for too many hours because after I ate, I felt much better.  I’m writing this at 5:30 PM and for the second day in a row, it feels like it should be early afternoon….I felt the same thing yesterday…..yesterday went by so very quickly…last night at 6:30 PM again I felt like it should be early afternoon.  I’m hoping by the weekend I’ll feel more normal, but I’m glad about the non-hungry feeling…maybe I’ll lose a few pounds!  

I've also had a few questions about whether or not I'm going to write about the eclipse trip.  That was always the original intention, but I'm not sure where I stand on it right now.  The daily blog takes a bit of time to pull together all by itself; that is not a complaint, just a fact.  Writing up the trip in addition to my regular daily stuff will probaby add a minimum of 1/2 an hour to the regular blog time (actually probably more as I try to search through all of the pictures for the ones I want).  Not to metion that pictures are scattered among Michael's phone, his IPAD, my kindle and the eclipse website.  So....I'm still thinking about it, but for now I am just too tired to contemplate it.....so, all I can say is stay tuned....

Anyway, I decided I really wanted to work on binding 2 of my QoV’s, so I got out the fabric to cut binding.  I was SO HAPPY to realize that I was at the end of the bolt!!!  I have never really cared for this fabric, but bought it because it was the only patriotic cream colored fabric available at the time.  Cutting out 13 strips for binding will pretty much demolish the last of this particular 15 yard bolt  :~).  Finally at 9 PM I had all 15 yards of my binding made:



(this particular QoV pattern makes 2 quilts at once) and I headed upstairs to watch TV with my honey.

You know, while we were gone Anne sent photos of Cookie, Lucy & Ethel EVERY day while we were away!!  Along with funny captions or notes of what the “kids” were up to….it was GREAT and definitely helped me tremendously to not be worried about them.  I wanted to show you 2 of the pictures that I particularly loved:

Lucy

Ethel


J&D move to SC

(Janice speaking)  This week's project was getting blinds put up in the guest bedroom windows. Also scored a bed from a local consignment shop. Still scouting for a dresser,  but I think , dare I say?,  we are ready for the first guests.  



Also couldn't resist this planter and flowers when we were at Lowe's.



****************
And I do not understand why every American is not horrified by this, or in the case of many people, they somehow do not believe it: https://www.sltrib.com/opinion/commentary/2019/06/25/eugene-robinson/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.