Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Michael goes to Pinehurst, Cookie


Michael was up at 6 AM on Monday (7/29) to get breakfast out of the way before Ralph picked him up for their 2 day trip to Pinehurst.  

Ralph

Michael trying to find room in back of car!!!

My goodness....looks like our car when we leave for retreat!!!

I headed to my studio and kicked off quilting on the QoV once again.  While that was happening, I got a project cut and placed in my bin for retreat.  I think I’ve got 3 projects in there so far, as well as the quilt I want to work on for Anne…although I still have to cut all of my cream colored strips for that.  

After that I dropped back to working on the squares Michael laid out on my design wall.  I continued to quilt all day…..the pattern is very dense and I am loving it…..by 5 PM…it was done:  


I’m going to have a ton of ends to weave in on this one….I used 6 bobbins (there were 137,159 stitches in the quilt) and my thread broke a couple of times….but I LOVE it!  

I had a grilled cheese & tomato sandwich for dinner, with wedges of garden tomato on the side.  Nothing perks up a dinner like wedges of garden tomato on the side….thanks Loree!!!  

I sewed a bit in the evening and finally finished the first row of the new quilt Michael laid out on the design wall:  


before heading upstairs to watch TV and snuggle with one of my furry babies:






1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm, Was there only two in that car? They couldn't have three like we do as there isn't any room left in there and we go for longer periods of time.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.