Saturday, July 27, 2019

Cinnamon Star Bread


I spent Friday morning (7/26) in the eye doctor’s office (she is still not happy with the pressure in my right eye and has put me on a 4th different VERY expensive drop.  If this doesn’t work she’s talking about in office surgery to get the pressure down) and running to BB&B to get new sheets for our new and deeper mattress.  

I was finally home after NOON and got dough made and rising before having a very long and satisfying phone chat with Janice (she and Dennis have been in CT for a week and are leaving for a 2 week vacation in Maine).  After that I put together a Cinnamon Star Bread:  

egg wash on each layer

then cinnamon/sugar mixture

ready to start the second rise

before heading over to Anne’s to discuss a quilt I want to make for her.  That took about an hour, but we got everything settled and I came home and called Loree.  

Michael and I headed down to her house to pick up my fixed vacuum cleaner and to drop off the Star Bread.  Reg & Loree have done so many things for us, they certainly deserved it  :~).  They got to bake it and have all of the good smells in their house…and Loree sent me a pic of the finished product (after she glazed it with confectioner's sugar):  



Should you want to give this a whirl yourself, here you go: https://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/cinnamon-star-bread-recipe

We both had meatloaf for dinner when we came home, along with many wedges of tomatoes that Loree sent us home with......YUMM-O!!!

Michael and I decided on a mini-date night….no puffy things, but champagne and popcorn instead while we watched INCREDIBLES 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.