Sunday, July 21, 2019

Beds=Dreams totally finished, Geronimo, Leila ghost quilt


Michael left around 8 AM for golf on Saturday (7/20), and I was moving VERY slowly in the morning as my left knee was killing me!  Was it because I spent a lot of time in sandals yesterday (even though my sandals have arch support….they don’t have as much as my more supportive tennis shoes)?  Was it because I had an abundance of shellfish for dinner the night before (a known arthritis trigger for some people)?  Who knows…..I took an ALEVE and kept on going.  

I spent all day working on the binding for a BEDS=DREAMS quilt, and by the time Ralph & Candyce picked us up before 4:30….it was totally done:  


I did this top many, many years ago (from a magazine that Jan bought) and have just been waiting to buy 108'' wide black backing to finish it.  Glad I finally found backing at the last FOUST sale.

Ralph & Candyce and Michael & I headed off to NarroWay, and met Jerry & Carol there.  NarroWAY bills itself as ‘The Broadway of Christian Entertainment’.  We went to see a show that was advertised as being about Geronimo, but it had a tenuous connection at best to the real story. 



This theatre is definitely about ‘in your face’ religion.  The production was visually stunning, the choreography good, the meal excellent…but the message was driven into the audience over and over and over again.  I’m glad I went as I have heard about NarroWay since I moved down here, but I don’t feel I have to experience it again.  We were home by 8:30 and we both read our books for the rest of the evening.

I just have to show you this picture from Leila (friend in CT).  We were talking about this and that and she ended up sending me this pic:  



Isn’t it just the cutest thing!?!??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.