Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Janice on vacation, new QoV basted, pizza


Janice & I were emailing back and forth Tuesday morning (7/30) and she finally just called and we had a very satisfying talk  :~).  She’s in Maine on vacation, and I think was out on her deck just enjoying the weather and her morning coffee before everyone else got up:  

views from her deck



I read my book in the morning while I ate a leisurely breakfast (sausage bread from Ann Mary & Jim (a birthday present!) with a fried egg), but finally headed downstairs to get another quilt basted.  This quilt contains most of the leftovers from my previous 30 some odd Quilts of Valor; I finally came up with a way to use up many of my scraps.  




I got it all basted, and also worked on the second row of my quilt on the design wall before heading upstairs at 3 PM to get dough made for pizza for dinner.  

I got the dough made and started it rising, and chopped up a bunch of tomatoes  and tossed them with just a tiny bit of salt to start them draining.  Anne & Elaine stopped by just as I was finishing up.  Elaine’s dog managed to claw her way out of her crate, and I think I can repair the damage with a piece of cloth, so they came by to drop it off.  And my honey came home (very happy with his 85) from Pinehurst while they were there:  

Elaine, my honey, Anne

By the time everyone left, it was time to start dinner.  We have not had homemade pizza in FOREVER:

rolled out dough

a layer of  homemade pesto

the chopped and drained tomatoes from Loree & Reg

lots of cheese

OMgoodness.....so very good!

Michael thought the pizza was heavenly and we relaxed and watched TV for the rest of the night.

2 comments:

  1. If you haven't figured out what you are going to make at the FF retreat for dinner, I suggest your homemade pizza!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.