Monday, July 22, 2019

muffins, QoV totally finished, Pat's puppy quilt top


I had a new blueberry muffin recipe I’ve wanted to try, so I hopped up early Sunday morning (7/21) and got them in the oven:  



Michael rated them with an “A”, and I loved the fact that they had so many blueberries in them, AND they were a one bowl recipe…..SCORE!  Here for your eating pleasure:


After that Michael settled in to watch the last day of the British Open, while I headed to my studio.  I spent several blissful hours on my computer, before finally turning back to quilting  :~).  I got another small charity quilt all basted and kicked off the program.  Paula stopped down to give me particulars on her newest quilt that is finished and ready to be quilted, and by dinnertime, the small quilt was done:  




Michael came down in the afternoon and started to lay out a new quilt for me while we watched TV together:  




I was also working on the binding for another QoV, and the quilt was totally finished before I joined my honey around 8:30 for snuggling and TV watching:


Didn't you just see this one?  Yes you did....this pattern makes 2 quilts at once.....so I'm glad to have them both totally finished and to have NO MORE of the striped fabric left  :~).

And although Pat is NOT A QUILTER….she’s finished another quilt top...it is adorable!!


***MMR – Michael’s Movie Reviews ***

YESTERDAY The basic story is about a struggling musician looking for his big break. His manager keeps encouraging him but finally he gives up saying that it would take a miracle for him to succeed. Well, the very night he quits a miracle does happen!  Riding his bike home power goes out around the whole world for 12 seconds and he gets hit by a bus. When he awakens the world has forgotten about the Beatles (among other things). So with some big misgivings he decides to co-op their songs! He becomes a super star but that’s just the beginning of the story. It’s a cleverly woven tale of what success can do to a person using the unique premise of “what if “ there was no Beatles. SEMI-SPOILER ALERT......Be prepared for a shocker of a guest appearance near the end of the movie.  I give it 5/5 fat quarters!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.