Sunday, July 14, 2019

Charity Quilts, caterpillars

Well – I had another fitful night of sleep Friday night (and I always think that word sounds exactly opposite of what it means)!  We went to bed just before 11 PM and I woke up at 2 AM and couldn’t get back to sleep.  Part of the problem was that all of the electronics on my side of the bed were shut off.  I got up to look at the zip strip everything is plugged into and it came on briefly, but then shut down again.  What that means is that my CPAP couldn’t work, and that means I have to find someplace else to sleep otherwise my honey will be up as well due to my snoring!  I tossed and turned on the living room couch until Michael got up for golf at 6 AM, when I ran back to bed.  Normally I would hate it if he left for golf and didn’t say good-bye, but I’m sure he came back into the bedroom….saw me sleeping…and quietly left….for which I was profoundly grateful  :~).  

Anyway, I finally got up at 8 AM on Saturday (7/13), and other than feeling like I had been run over by a MACK truck, everything was jake (copasetic for those of you who don’t know that expression).  Anne came over at 9 AM to watch Wimbledon on the big screen, and I headed to the studio to hopefully make some progress on something…..anything!!!  I had a bag of 4 charity quilts and various backings from a friend and I spent a bit of time measuring and labeling all of the quilts and backings to see what went with what.  I eventually got a backing and batting loaded on the longarm, and got 2 quilts laid out but didn’t get them basted.  


I read and napped in the afternoon until Michael got home.  He said golf was good, but he couldn’t play the last 3 holes as he felt like he just couldn’t even lift the club!  He took a nap as well before dinner.  We were supposed to go to dinner with friends, but a torrential rainstorm moved in and we all decided to move it to another day.  My honey and I spent the evening snuggling on the couch, knitting, and watching TV.

Michael got good pictures of something I just had to share.  We always try to grow some parsley, just so that we can get these beautiful caterpillars that come and eat the parsley....it is a hoot to watch them, and we finally got some good pictures:




And a resoned article on detention centers across the world:

https://www.newyorker.com/news/q-and-a/how-detained-children-are-treated-around-the-world

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.