Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Visit with Ginny


And…….I’m back!!!

***********

I managed to get a towel embroidered as a hostess gift before leaving Friday morning (5/31) for Ginny’s: 


My embroidery software gave me some problems, which is rather scary considering that I have to do a demo at the Lake House for our Machine Embroidery group this coming Saturday….wish me luck!

I arrived at Ginny's 



shortly after NOON and after a brief wait for Jodie (Ginny's daughter) we sped off to lunch at Daniel's, where I had yummy crab cakes.  We spent the rest of the afternoon talking and getting caught up on lots of stuff.  Jodie & Justin (her hubby) completely reconfigured their downstairs into a rather large apartment for Ginny.  She has a bedroom/bathroom/kitchen/spacious living room/and an art room.  She actually has more room than she had in the upstairs in her previous house!  One of the items I remember from Ginny's old house is her table covering in the new house (I should have gotten a long range picture of the whole thing, but I wanted to show off all of her applique stitching):




We headed upstairs around 7 PM for dinner and were sitting at the table beside a window, wondering what noise we were hearing.  Just as Jodi said ‘is that hail’?  Ginny and I looked out on the back deck and I kid you not, it was golf ball sized hail coming down.  My car was in the driveway, blocking the family from putting theirs in the garage, so I ran outside to move it...getting pelted along the way...it HURT!!!!  It was over within 10 minutes and then the torrential rain came.  Jodi made BBQ sundaes for dinner, then Ginny and I retired to her abode and watched BRIDGET JONES DIARY, which I had never seen.  I took this picture of Andrew (Jodie & Justin's middle child) to show Michael their big screen TV.  Andrew is 6 feet tall:

I think it's 135 inches

 Saturday morning (6/1) we talked in the morning and went out to La Farm for lunch with Justin and Julia (their youngest daughter)  Our lunches were fabulous: 

mine!




I had a BLT with pimento cheese and had to bring 1/2 of it home.  I sat and watched while ginny did 'art' in the afternoon:


Ginny's board books which are hysterical!!

and then after a short nap, we all headed out around 8 PM to Yamoto's for dinner…these guys are determined to stuff me full of food while I'm here!  I had teriyaki chicken and a spring roll and there was lots of sushi being eaten at the other end of the table.  We came home, had ice cream and finally got downstairs at 10:45 PM to fall into bed.  

Sunday was more of the same….but mostly we just sat around talking and getting caught up on everything in our lives.  And of course....more art stuff:




this is a box of Ginny's marbelized rocks

Monday morning (6/3) I had a light breakfast before hitting the road for home.  It was a wonderful trip and so very good to see Ginny after such a long time!  I was home by 2-ish and my honey came home from golf shortly afterwards.  He was really happy with his 85 and one birdie, and we sat out on the lanair talking for quite awhile.  We heard from Janice and Dennis (Michael had sent them home with a bottle of our favorite champagne), they were in their brand new home….toasting to the future:




I had the backing loaded for a quilt before I left on Friday, so at dinnertime on Monday I got the quilt loaded and basted:




Neither Michael nor I were very hungry for dinner, so he just made some popcorn and we settled in to watch TV for the rest of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.