Friday, June 7, 2019

SHQ Show & Tell, J&D in NC, shingles


Michael left for golf at Stonebridge Thursday morning (6/6), while I headed out to quilting.  I didn’t take my machine, I only took a bunch of t-shirts.  Last week June said she had learned how to take a crew necked t-shirt and change it into a v-neck.  Most people who know me, know that I can’t stand to have anything around/close to my neck, and June offered to fix some t-shirts for me if I would rip out the bands.  So, that’s what I worked on from 9:30 until NOON.  We had great show and tell:  

LOVE the quilting on this one from Mary Ann


wool hand applique from Geri

another finish from the travel toilettries bag class

project from a landscape class




Today was a food day at quilting, but I have been having some intestinal issues for the past week, and I thought it prudent to not put a bunch of different foods on my stomach, so I headed home.  I read my book for a bit until my honey came home with a 77…WHOO HOO!!!!!  We headed downstairs and I got the program set up on the current quilt, bobbins wound and a new needle inserted before dinner.  We finished off the pizza with some side salads, and I got a second wind and started the quilting.  I LOVE this new diagonal pattern and thought it would look great on this quilt….I was right  :~):



And another installment of:  J&D MOVE TO NC (Day 4)

(write up from Janice) The day began very early with the bedroom delivery truck arriving at 6:38 AM. Whoever heard of 6:38 AM delivery of furniture?????

I forgave them when they set everything up perfectly and all I had to do was put on sheets. It's definitely missing something...oh wait, a new quilt will be perfect to complete the picture (Janice has the top of a new quilt almost done  :~).  The mattress we ended up getting is massively taller than our old one, so I may have to sew on some wider borders than originally planned.

Then I spent the rest of the day organizing the kitchen.  Yay, everything has a home with just a smidge of room to spare. Now let's see if I can find everything when I start cooking or baking. My mixer is still at your house,  but I have a spot on the counter next to the refrigerator saved.  Feeling completely exhausted and happy.





****************

And remember those shingles shots I told you we got on Tuesday?  Well, I've had a reaction to mine...this is day #3:


The pharmacist wants to see me again on Monday if it is not any better/smaller.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes - what can I do to make you feel better?

    Love ME

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.