Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Cooking Fingers, J&D in NC


Michael was out of the house before 8 AM for golf on Monday (6/10), while I got a bit of paperwork done before leaving at 10:15 AM for Cooking Fingers.  

Paula threw a cocktail party this time: 



with red and white sangria and a bunch of yummy appetizers:  



sauces for 2 of the appetizers

Thanks to Anne I got pictures of them as I totally forgot to take my camera.  They were all great (cheese wafers, chicken cordon bleu cups, Mexican wonton stars, sweet potato & chorizo sausage bites, mixed olive & chopped feta crostini, fiesta pinwheels, and Cucumbers topped with Sour/Cream Cheese and Smoked Salmon)…not a bad one in the bunch and I think we were all stuffed by the time we left!  

I was home by NOON, and too intimidated to change the foot on my longarm...my plastic bowl foot has broken….I am not very happy about it...and changing from a plastic to metal foot involves a YOUTUBE video, several screw drivers and moving the front of my machine off to the side!, so I worked on my disappearing hourglass for the rest of the day.

My honey was home by 2 PM with a 78!!!  He was thrilled….especially by the second nine where he was only one over par  :~).  We just scrounged up a snack for dinner and I worked only a bit on my sweater in the evening.

JANICE & DENNIS MOVE TO NC

(write up from Janice) Wow, can't believe it's been a whole week since we closed. It's starting to feel familiar, but not yet sinking in this is home.
Project for today was unpacking all the china and glassware into the hutch: 


Proud to say that I had packed everything myself back in CT, and there wasn't a single breakage. Then it was off to 2 trips to the recycling center: 


Our HOA does not include a recycle pickup, but it's something Dennis and I are adamant about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.