Saturday, June 15, 2019

Joanne's quilt, selfie, dinner at Portofino's


Michael left early for a golf tournament on Friday (6/14) while Janice and I ended up in the studio for a bit.  She finished up some of her scrap blocks: 

some out of scraps from SHQ and some from me!

while I finally started the quilting on Joanne’s quilt:  


Eventually Janice packed up her car (there are only a few things left being stored in our front bedroom, mostly their winter clothes....which they shouldn't need for a good long time :~) and hit the road for home:  


I continued stitching on Joanne’s quilt and by the afternoon, it was all done.  I spent some time ripping out basting and weaving in ends…good thing because I took in another quilt, this time from Sandy F, which needs to be done in a hurry.  

Mitch and Lynn and Nadine (Lucy & Ethel's foster mom) picked us up at 5 PM and we headed out to Portofino’s for dinner.  Michael had eggplant Parmesan (he thought it was good, but not as good as MAMA's): 




while I had the shrimp/scallop special with risotto:  



Although my dinner was yummy…the risotto didn’t hold a candle to the stuff at RED ROCKS!  

After that we headed into Charlotte for the Actor’s Theatre Production of FUN HOME.  This was a musical, set in a funeral home (thus the FUN HOME), but was really about dysfunctional family including a coming-of-age story.  The acting was INCREDIBLE and the play was excellent....it has won 5 TONY Awards.  We were home just before 11 PM and read for an hour before bed.

And my honey picked another gorgeous bundle of hydrangeas from the front garden:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.