Sunday, June 9, 2019

mini-cheesecakes & brownies, J&D have visitors


Michael left for golf here at SCCL Saturday morning (6/8) while I hopped up super early to get minicheesecakes: 




and one bowl brownies: 



baked before heading off (with my embroidery machine) to the Lodge.  

There was a club and interest group ‘fair’ and I volunteered to demonstrate for Machine Embroidery.  I got all set up: 



and kicked off a label for one of my Quilts of Valor.  I had forgotten that Pat was also coming to help out…


and that was the highlight of the morning…we haven’t seen each other in WEEKS and got to talk for 2 solid hours  :~).  I saw lots of people I knew and got 2 labels done before it was time to come home.  

I spent a lot of time in the living room in the afternoon, trying to convince myself to be productive, but just reading my book instead  :~).  My honey came home and said he had an uneven day at golf and we talked for a bit before getting cleaned up (with our kitty companions watching):


and heading off to Ralph’s at 5 PM.  There were 13 of us going to GREATER TUNA at Fort Mill, and Ralph & Candyce hosted a dinner for all of the golfers in the group.    We had a wonderful time and great food (there was one other dessert that certainly put mine to shame in the 'looks' category):


and met up with the rest of our play going friends at the theatre around 7 PM.  The play was wonderful, but it was great to get home by 10 PM and relax and read a bit before bed.

J&D in NC (Day 6)

Sorry no move in pics.  We needed a day off. Went into Wilmington,  an hour away, but also the nearest Trader Joe's, Joann Fabric,  and Bed Bath and Beyond.  Shopped,  had lunch,  dodged downpours all day.  The only pictures I took were some new visitors we had last night  :-)




Don't those things look HUGE?!?!!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.