Saturday, June 8, 2019

quilting done, hydrangeas, J&D in NC


Michael and I headed out to breakfast on Friday (6/7) to the Sunflower Baking Company in Ballentyne.  We both had breakfast sandwiches and brought home a cinnamon roll and a mini Key Lime Pie to use up a $20 gift certificate we had.  We made a quick stop at Best Buy on the way home, and were home to a gloomy, pouring rain day by 11 AM.  

I headed downstairs to try to watch the French Open (tennis), while Michael settled in to start a new book.  I worked on quilting and by dinnertime (after 2 phone calls to get out of problems!!) my latest quilt was done:  



I still have to get it all cleaned up, but I am very pleased with the stitching.  I spent a lot of time on the phone in the afternoon, talking to Social Security and Medicare Supplemental Insurance, and also spent a lot of time on the computer collating results on a survey for the Guest Pass Policy committee.  

I just had to show you this hydrangea bush:  



Michael took this picture on the golf course…isn’t it incredible?

J&D MOVE TO NC (Day 5)

(write-up by Janice)  Another day of unpacking boxes...Dennis's new recliner arrived and he had to make sure it worked properly:  


Most of my accomplishment was getting my half of the bedroom closet organized:  


I am so happy we splurged for some built in shelving.  I am truly still not believing that we actually live here.

I was so glad to read her very last sentence because 12-1/2 YEARS on....Michael and I still can't believe it either!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.