Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Lunch at THE GREENWAY with Marilyn, Paula & Loree


While Michael was out running more errands for our trip Tuesday morning (6/18), I was at the library figuring out how to down load books for our trip….5 on the IPAD for him and 5 on the KINDLE for me :~).  I was home in time to be picked up by Paula & Marilyn.  We picked up Loree at the Lake House and headed into Charlotte for lunch at the GREENWAY Restaurant.  I am totally irritated with myself that I forgot to take pictures of these lovely ladies…so you’ll have to enjoy these old pictures instead:
Mariyn

Paula

Loree


Our lunch  was WONDERFUL:



starting with our breads and spreads:



Our soup was gazpacho:



And then we all ordered something different for our main course.  I got the fish & chips...with homemade catsup...the batter was so light, had a wonderful flavor and wasn't greasy in the slightest: 


Loree got the chicken: 



Paula got the filet: 


and Marilyn got the shrimp and grits:  


Our dessert was a dark chocolate cremeux (a dense, soft, classic pudding), with strawberries and a bit of whipped cream, along with a sugar cookie…heaven!  



After lunch Paula drove to the KNIGHT”S stadium so that I could turn in vouchers and pick up 4 tickets for the guys to see a game on July 27th.  We were home by 3 PM and I spent the rest of the afternoon downloading additional items to my KINDLE for the upcoming trip.  We had KFC potpies for dinner, then Michael got picked up by Larry for the movies…they saw  LATE NIGHT (something I’d like to see once we get home, but I doubt it will still be at the theatres!!)  

I stayed home and pulled together my crafts (knitting & beading) to take on vacation.  BTW – ATTENTION FIBER FLOOZIES….there are less than 3 months to our retreat….start thinking about what you’re bringing with you…it will be here before you know it  :~).

And more beautiful pictures of our beautiful family:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.