Sunday, June 16, 2019

Michael at breakfast, our garden, housewarming gift


We were up early on Saturday (6/15) and tried to be patient, waiting for a call from Marc to start SKYPE-ing with AJ.  They were supposed to call at 8 AM, but we never got a call at all  :~(.  Michael enjoyed breakfast on the lanair while reading the paper:


I worked all day on my disappearing hourglass blocks, and got the back loaded up for Sandy F’s quilt.  Michael was glued to the TV for the US Open at Pebble Beach.  He said the best thing about it was being able to see the holes and say ‘I played there’!



We had leftovers for dinner and I continued to sew in the evening until around 9 PM.

I thought you might enjoy seeing our garden….I’m sure a lot of produce will come in when we’re gone, but waddya gonna do?

2 pots of basil for lots of pesto

thyme for winter soups...as well as some mutant flower

cherry tomatoes

cherry tomatoes with 2 we'll pick before we leave

we wanted to try a 'patio' tomato to see if it worked better since our garden is in pots

roma for tomato sauce

and another roma

And, we had a housewarming gift for Janice & Dennis.  She had admired our electric kettle when she was here, so we sent a wrapped package home with her on Friday:

Janice captioned this: People with short arms shouldn't take selfies!

I was bummed that I couldn't send it directly to their house as a gift...but I had the address wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.