Wednesday, June 12, 2019

blueberries!, Ethel in bag, J&D in NC


After picking blueberries: 



Michael headed out on errands Tuesday morning (Triple A, Best Buy, Aldi’s) while I headed downstairs to tackle the foot on my longarm.  I took the IPAD with me and watched a video on YOUTUBE and after 20 minutes, it was done!  After all of my trepidation, it wasn't bad at all.  I think it will take me 5 minutes next time  :~).  It’s really weird how you do it:   

machine starts out in normal position

you put up the left arm

you unscrew a bolt on top and swing the whole front head to the left!!

After that I finished basting Joanne’s quilt, set up the program, and wound bobbins.  


By then my honey was home with some computer paper, and of course Ethel had to check out the bag:  





Michael and I left before 3 PM to pick up Evelyn & Larry and head out to see ROCKET MAN (the movie about Elton John).   Since Elton was listed as Executive Producer I am assuming the story is very true-to-life and what a sad, sad life he had for many years.  But the music….THE MUSIC!!!  The costumes, the story and the acting were all first rate.  If you go to see it, stay through the credits!

We headed to MARGARITAVILLE for dinner afterwards, and although our food was very good….the noise level was deafening.  We were home by 7:30 PM and sat on the lanair reading until 9 PM.  Michael asked why we hadn’t put the porch on YEARS before….it is lovely out there.



JANICE & DENNIS MOVE TO NC

Today's goal was unpacking all the large picture/mirror/artwork boxes.  Not so much to start hanging things on the walls,  but that's where I knew I had stuffed all our  bath and hand towels as "padding". That's when I had my first "what in the world were you thinking??"  moment. All of that artwork that I loved in our "colonial" style CT home looks out of place in our "by the beach " southern home. I'll try to find a place for some of my most favorite,  but I think some are already going into the post move tag sale box. And I threw in a couple of "progress" pictures.  Almost nearing the end of boxes, but I am going to Deb's tomorrow to bring back more that she has been kindly storing for me.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.