Monday, June 17, 2019

AJ, pancakes, Sandy's quilt done


We decided to have a big fry-up Sunday morning (6/16), but paused 1/2 way through cooking to SKYPE with AJ….she is growing so fast and talking about all sorts of things….of course only her mom and dad can understand her, but that’s pretty typical for a 2 year old.  What a beautiful family!!



I made pancakes because I have yoghurt to use up.  Most recipes will tell you that if you don’t have buttermilk, use a tablespoon of vinegar/lemon juice stirred into a cup of milk.  A MUCH better solution is to use 1/2 yoghurt and 1/2 milk….makes a liquid much more the consistency of buttermilk.  Anyway, my honey made potatoes and bacon: 




while I made blueberry pancakes…..




Everything was yummy!  

After that he headed out to CVS and to gas up the car, while I headed to the studio to get cracking on the quilt.  I got it all loaded and basted:  





and set up and kicked off the program:  



I worked on it all afternoon and by dinnertime, it was done:  


Michael and I split a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner (we weren’t very hungry after that tremendous breakfast) and he continued to watch the US OPEN while I worked on my hourglass quilt.

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.