Thursday, June 6, 2019

glads, J&D, Inez flag

Michael was up early for golf on Wednesday (6/5) even though it was VERY overcast in the morning.  Before he left he took some pictures of our glads which have exploded in our front flower bed:





Does anyone need some for their garden?  Because we definitely need to thin them out this year.  Janice....what about across your back property line?????

I left at 8:45 AM to pick up Paula and head out to breakfast.  I had a GROUPON that was expiring in a couple of days, so we decided to treat ourselves before our pedicure appointments.  We were supposed to be heading into Ballentyne, but traffic was backed up to our front door due to a horrific accident north on route 521, so we zipped across the street to Le PEEP and had breakfast there:



After that we headed to our pedicure appointment….WHAT a LUXURY!  They set up my chair to massage my head, back and lower back while the technician was massaging my legs and feet….heaven!  I was home by 11:30, pleased with my little tootsies!  

I spent a good bit of time in the afternoon working on my latest SCCL committee info, but managed to fit in a visit with Anne, and a visit from Joanne (dropping off a quilt).  Neither Michael nor I were very hungry for dinner, so we just had one piece of pizza before settling in for what was supposed to be a treat….I got the DVD from the library of the first season of STAR TREK:DISCOVERY…but we could not get it to work  :~(.  Oh well, we just watched regular TV before bed.

JANICE & DENNIS MOVE TO NORTH CAROLINA

new rug for bedroom


setting up the kitchen
And Inez has been in a drawing mood lately....she's still deciding on how to 'anchor' the flag to the page, but I think this looks great so far:



*** Michael’s Movie Reviews ***

John Wick 3 - Starring Keanu Reeves:  Dialog and plot are not needed when the sole purpose of your movie is to  pile up dead bodies! Seriously, I lost count after around 150 bodies!  The plot (if there is one) is John Wick has a bounty on his head of $14 million {cuz he jaywalked?} and every thug and criminal is after him for the reward. Countless gun battles and martial arts fights ensue - and it really grows tiresome. For the first hour it is amazing how many ways fights can be staged and camera angles can be employed BUT....enough already! And of course John NEVER gets hit by any of the thousands of bullets, knifes or axes thrown his way. And believe it or not the ending indicates that there will be a JW4!! Save me!  I give it one fat quarter out of 5.

1 comment:

  1. I would DEFINITELY love some of those glads when you think they are ready to divide!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.