Thursday, July 28, 2011

Wednesday (7/27) we were home by lunchtime.  We had a great time at Lake Lure, the men golfed Monday and Tuesday (this is the view of hole # 3 from the front of our condo).  Michael golfing, Phil golfing and one I like to call “playing to the crowd”!




 and the women talked and talked and talked!  I think the thing I liked best about it was that Gale and I got to know each other a bit better.  I got a lot of knitting done on a new scarf…and we all took a terrific pontoon boat ride around the lake.  This is where they filmed DIRTY DANCING and although an arsonist burnt down all of the buildings some time after the movie was filmed, Michael did get a great picture of the staircase that Baby comes dancing down while she is trying to learn the routines (if you don’t know what I’m talking about, rent the movie…..it’s a good one!)


 We had many great meals while we were there:



I think it was an enjoyable (3 day) trip for everyone.

 We unpacked when we got home, played with our furry pumpkins (who seemed to survive with our neighbors just fine) and took another picture of the GIANT sunflowers, which have finally bloomed. 


I took a nap in the afternoon and finally got moving enough to change clothes and head up to the Lake House for a square dancing dance (instead of just a lesson).  We had a mix of beginners and intermediates and we all had a great time…although my feet and hips were really feeling it after 2 hours of dancing.  We came home at 9 and relaxed a bit before heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.