Sunday, July 17, 2011

Friday morning (7/15) Michael left for horseshoes, and I got the ice cream churned (from the pudding mixture I made last night after the concert) and pasta dough (for our dinner tonight!)  



Jan showed up at 11, just as I finished cutting the pasta into noodles.  We spent the afternoon working on her purse, and I also got another cuddle blanket done.

 

In retrospect, the dino eggs look like big baked potatoes….guess I won’t use that brown again!  Anyway, once Jan left I put together dough for herb rolls for dinner, and got to read my book a bit.  Sally and Jimmy arrived at 6 for PASTA WITH SAGE BUTTER SAUCE, rolls and marinated tomatoes.  Everyone was VERY complimentary about the dinner….guess we have a hit on our hands!  We sat around and talked for awhile, then broke for dessert….Sally brought a scrumptious bundt cake, which we served with chocolate ice cream.  We sat out on the deck for a bit after that, then Sally and Jimmy left for home.  I got the waffle batter put together for Sunday breakfast, then Michael and I watched a bit of TV before heading to bed.


1 comment:

  1. Looks and sounds really yummy!! Maybe I'll still keep my pasta machine for when I'm retired and have time for all that cooking...

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.