Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Tuesday morning we jumped up and took everything out of our garage freezer and took it over to Howard and Dee’s old fridge/freezer which is in their garage.  We unplugged ours, loaded up the bottom with chamois and took off the chiropractor’s.   By the time we came home (after a stop at Lowe’s) the freezer was defrosted.  I spent a bit of time mopping up all of the water and then turned the freezer back on.

We got all of the food put back (after it was cold) and I now have an up to date list on the freezer of what is in it!  There was only one casualty….I package wrapped in tin foil that I have NO IDEA what is in it.  It’s thawing in the fridge and we are having it for dinner on Wednesday night, no matter what it is! 

I sewed most of the afternoon on my basket while Michael worked on a picture video.  Joanne and Larry picked us up at 6 and we headed off to dinner.  This is restaurant week in our area and the many participating restaurants put on special menus.  We went ti MICKEY & MOOCH’s and our dinners were awesome.  Both couples got the same appetizers: mini-crab cakes and she crab soup, and then we shared.  Everyone else had the filet mignon for their main course (with either Yukon gold mashed potatoes or blue cheese coleslaw for their side), but I had pork chop saltimbocca with a side of alfredo pasta.  The pork chop was great…but the alfredo was OUT OF THIS WORLD.  I ate 1/2 of everything and then asked for my obscenely large piece of chocolate layer cake:


to go (I just KNOW Michael is going to want to ‘share’ it with me when I eventually eat it!)  The other desserts ordered were: crème brulee (my honey ALWAYS gets that when it is offered), a creamsicle cheesecake and a white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake.  We all rolled out to the car afterwards, saying that dinner was definitely worth it, even though we were all stuffed!  We were home by 9 and Michael read for a bit and I tried to do a SUDOKU before finally heading to bed.

1 comment:

  1. hey was that cake 7 and a 1/2 inches big????

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.