Thursday, July 14, 2011

Michael left super early for golfing on Wednesday (7/13) …yesterday it was 99 degrees and today is supposed to be equally hot, so he had a very early tee time to try to beat the heat.  I threw in some laundry and headed up to the farmer’s market.  I picked up cantaloupe, tomatoes, corn and blueberries.  When I got home, I called Jan to come over, but she seems to be coming down with a cold.  She thinks she caught something on the plane on the way home…so she is staying home and resting.  I headed downstairs to figure out what to work on today (at 10 AM is it already 90 degrees here…yuck!)  I had ironed all of the interfacing onto the fabric for a new set of 4-in-1 placemats, so I thought I’d get those cut out and sewn together.  I really thought I could get the sewing done in one day.  Janice called in the afternoon with perfect timing and we got to have a long and satisfying chat on the phone!  Then I left at 3 to get my hair done.  When I was coming home at 5:30, I floored the golf cart because the dark clouds were rolling in.  I got home about 15 minutes ahead of the storm and it was a doozy.  Michael and I had just been discussing when we were going to have dinner when the electricity went out.  Good thing we had decided on ‘mater sandwiches….and they were LUSCIOUS!!!!!   We had big, fat, juicy red, red ripe ‘maters from the farmer’s market….on potato bread with mayonnaise….YUM!!!!  We ate by candlelight.    The worst of the storm passed over with an hour, and we moved out onto the porch to read our books.  The power came on around 8:30…..too late to continue sewing, so I knit while we watched TV.

1 comment:

  1. MJ - I'm so JEALOUS of your 'mater' samichez !!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.