Monday, July 4, 2011

for sale

I was up early on Sunday (7/3) to get my polar fleece into the dryer.  One of the things I did on Saturday was to get a bolt of yellow polar fleece cut into cuddle blankets.  I put them in the washer when we went to bed, and into the dryer first thing Sunday morning.  Joanne wanted to stop by to watch my machine do the embroidery, and she didn’t want to miss the start of Wimbledon, so she came over at 9 AM.  Luckily Michael and I were done with our breakfast of blueberry pancakes by then!  I got one cuddle blanket done:

 
 and she took it with her to put in the display case.  After she left, I finally got the whole top pieced of the quilt Michael put up on the design wall:
 



If you’re thinking that this quilt top look familiar, you are right!  It was created out of the “left-over” 1/2 square triangles from Marc and Kate’s wedding quilt.

 And, I got another cuddle quilt done before dinner:
 

We had pizza on the grill for dinner!!!  It was a little more brown on the bottom than we wanted….but the texture of the crust was terrific and the taste was great!  Michael watched a movie in the evening (CARZY HEART), and I knit and tried to clear off my all of my taped shows….there’s an 18 hour marathon on Monday of MURDER SHE WROTE and I think I’m taping all of them  J.

2 comments:

  1. Who are you making the "leftovers" quilt for?? Your cuddle blankets are just ADORABLE!! I can't believe they won't sell like hotcakes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb - leftovers are just to use up the 1/2 square triangles that I've had since I finished the wedding quilt for Marc and Kate. I will get it quilted and keep for awhile...if they decide to have a child, I'll give it to them, otherwise I'll donate to charity. And I hope you're right that the cuddle blankets sell like hot cakes...all of that money will go to the Children's Home.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.