Thursday, July 30, 2020

Michael left for golf Wednesday morning (7/29), while i got my tea made and most of my emails done before my pt guy came at 9 am.   I was disappointed when i got up in the morning as I felt like my hip had regressed, but he explained that that is a common occurrence when someone is transitioning from the walker to a cane, or from a cane to nothing.  He also thought i might have overdone it over the past 2 days and said i should cut back on my exercises for the next 2 days and increase putting ice on it.   Everything seemed to be going well until he said he wanted to check my strength....he asked he to pick up my knee as though I were marching, while he exerted pressure down on it...we both heard the snap/pop/crack sound....and suddenly my pain level soared.  Neither one of us knew what happened...but after i stopped crying and calmed down he put me through some gentle range of motions.  Everything appeared to be working well, but i definitely strained something as i can barely lift my knee anymore.  I spent the afternoon icing and napping and micah said to call if things don,t get better by the weekend.  He was very surprised and appreciative of the gift of bark, and i am sorry i won,t be seeing him anymore.

I took a long nap in the afternoon and then had wonderful surprise....Arizona Mary and I got to ZOOM!!!!!   We talked and talked and it was wonderful.   By the time we finished it was dinnertime and Michael put our papa murphy,s pizza in the oven to bake.  That was a yummy dinner.  I definitely took a pain pill at bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.