Thursday, July 23, 2020

I woke up at 2 am Wednesday morning (7/22) and could not get back to sleep (i,m still sleeping in the recliner).  I wandered around the house...trying to find someplace to settle in with no luck...so that was pretty horrible.  Michael was up at 6 am and out of the house by 7 am for a golf tournament.   I crawled into bed, found a comfortable position and fell asleep for an hour and woke up feeling great!!!  I took a shower by myself...whoo, hoo...got dressed by myself (that was definitely trickier than the shower since you are not allowed to bend forward after this surgery, and if you don,t believe how hard it is, you try putting on underwear without bending!!!), and settled in wth my morning tea.   Two good pieces of news...my weight is almost back to where it was the morning of the surgery, and i am also beginning to see a tiny bit of ankle definition in my right leg.  😁😁  My pain has really settled in to a constant low ache and i think that's just the healing process.

Jan came by to check on me and bring me lunch...a yummy chicken ceasar salad with a peach milk shake from chic-fila...yum!!!   She also gave me 2 patriotic jelly rolls...score!!!   I have lusted after them ever since she bought them and I am very grateful that she decided I would sew them up.  Pat stopped by as well...she is finishing up a purse pattern for jan.  We got to talk for a couple of hours before jan left for a routine doctor,s appointment.

My honey came home shortly afterwards and i was in a bit of pain, so i took a pain pill and we both took a nap...that was lovely.  I got to talk to Janice for a bit around dinnertime, she will be leaving tomorrow for 2 weeks in Maine.   She described the covid test they had to get...and it was like my medical friend Sally described weeks ago...not done at all correctly!!!  Oh well...

Michael and I were still cleaning up leftovers for dinner, and spent the evening watching tv.

I am really missing my blog and the ability to show you pictures of what i am doing...that definitely helps to keep me productive...but i,m afraid that the stairs to my computer are still 2-3 weeks out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.