Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Janice arrives

Current Corona Virus Deaths in the US - 133,062

                                           Yesterday - 132,571
******************************

Got a text.....COVID test negative!!!

Paula picked me up at 7:30 AM Monday morning (7/6), (just minutes after Michael left for golf), and we headed into Charlotte.  Two hours later the bottom line is:

-calcium deposits in my right breast (not a worry, but the doctor wants a diagnostic mammogram 6 months from now.  Maybe if it stays the same for a bit I can go back to yearly mammograms.)

-a nodule in my left breast that needs a needle biopsy (just to be absolutely sure), but she doesn’t think it is cancer.

The needle biopsy is 5 – 6 weeks out as I will have to lie on my (surgically replaced right hip) to have it done.  So, I would say that that is just about the best result a person could have wished for after hearing about 'abnormalities'….I was very relieved  :~).  

Paula was a doll and sat in her car the entire time, knitting and reading magazines.  AND, she wasn’t even concerned on the way home when our road was closed and we were sent on a detour, she knows that area so well that we just went another scenic way  :~).  

I came home and relaxed in the living room until Janice showed up around 12:30 and we got right down to it:  

of course Lucy & Ethel have to inspect everything



loading the backing

wresting the batting away from Ethel

basting the top

one of Janice's first scrap quilts

one of (if not my favorite) patterns

looks great on the back too!!

by dinnertime, she was 3/4 of the way done with her quilting!!  I got my last QoV off of the frame (obviously!) and got all of the basting ripped out and the bobbin ends sewn in....and got one more 'round' on my tablecloth:


this is the start of adding only length, and no more width

We had spaghetti/meatballs/salad for dinner and relaxed in the living room the rest of the night.

1 comment:

  1. Good news on both the Covid-19 test, and the lumps, and Paula knowing her way around Charlotte, and Janice arriving safely. What a wonderful day!

    Inez

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.