Saturday, July 4, 2020

hydrangeas, new tablecloth

Current Corona Virus Deaths in the US - 132,112

                                           Yesterday - 131,503

******************************

After picking another gorgeous bouquet of hydrangeas: 




my honey left for golf Friday morning (7/3) and I headed to the studio, determined to finish quilting on the second quilt.  I got that done during the day, while also having a quick SKYPE-ing session with Janice to see the new fabric she bought!!!  She hit up a fabric store (mask and sanitizer in hand) which was practicing low amounts of people with high amounts of social distancing and masks to pick up 3 pieces of fabric for 3 new quilts!  It was all really nice and I was glad I got to see it….hope she brings one of the projects when she comes next week.  

I also need a project to work on downstairs over the weekend and early next week…so remember this tablecloth:  


made all out of 1/2 square triangles?  Well, I’d like to make a holiday one for our kitchen table when it is extended, but I’ll be using a different technique to put it together.  I’ve decided to be smart and first practice on a tablecloth for our table on the lanair, and this is what I’ve chosen for fabric:  


I hope to work on that while my 3rd QoV, that I got loaded and basted: 



quilts out.

3 comments:

  1. beautiful hydrangeas---- we are so lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hydrangeas are beautiful! The fabric you picked for the table on the lanair will be perfect, but I would go cross eyed if I was working with something that busy. Can’t wait to see it all done.

    Inez

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did Janice go to Quilting at the Beach in Myrtle beach? I was there when I went a couple weeks ago. Just over the main road from where we were staying. Very nice store and lots if nice fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.