Wednesday, August 27, 2014

garden flowers, radon pipes


I LOVE having flowers in the house all summer long….here’s the latest bouquet my honey picked on Tuesday morning (8/26), he was excited to find an errant gladiola


















 

 
 
I made a fruit smoothie and headed on over to Nancy H’s for a morning visit.  This was just as the ‘radon’ guy was arriving.  Radon is a colorless, odorless gas that we finally tested for a month or 2 ago.  Our readings were very high, so we called to have it corrected.  By the time I came home from Nancy’s, this is what the outside of our house looked like:


















 

It’s a large pipe with a fan that goes into the groud and pumps the radon out.  We will re-test in a few days.  Anyway, I had a fabulous time at Nancy’s, we talked and talked at the kitchen table…it was delightful!  Just before NOON I headed to the Blue Heron (our golf club restaurant) to meet Jan and Beth and Carolyn for lunch.  We all had a cup of the she crab soup, and 1/2 of either a chicken or tuna salad sandwich.  Then it was off to Stitch & Chat.  Nancy A and I ended up staying for just a bit (I think without Joanne there, it’s just not the same…she was off golfing today…filling in for someone else).  Anyway, Nancy’s mom and son are both having medical problems and she fills pulled in both directions…it’s very hard to do anything when the people who need the help are states and states away….her mom is hoping to move from Florida to here sometime after the first of the year…that will be much better.  I hit the library on the way home and finally hit my sewing room to finish stitching on my new, small quilt.  I worked on getting the binding done so that I can hopefully put in on, on Wednesday.  Michael and I had a quick mac ‘n’ cheese for dinner, then I headed to the studio to pull together some embroideries I want to do, while Michael watched a bunch of ‘his’ shows.  He decided against going to the movies, so he made popcorn at home and settled in :- ).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.