Thursday, August 21, 2014

Cookie a duex


Michael left for golf here at SCCL very early Wednesday (8/20) and luckily the oral surgeon could fit me in, in the morning.  He said my description of what happened was textbook perfect for a strained ligament in my jaw and maybe some movement of the disk.  He said it is very inflamed and swollen and that is what is pulling/pushing my jaw out of alignment and causing the pain.  The ‘prescription’ is hot compresses 3 – 4 times a day, and high dose ibuprophen (I like this conservative approach).  He said it may take 3 – 4 weeks before it is fully healed, and I should also get a mouth guard for nighttime wearing.  Between that and my CPAP, I’ll be putting on more to go to bed than I do when I get up  :- ).  As I suspected, I don’t grind my teeth at night, but I do clench them, and that’s how this all got started.  Anyway, I got home late for my SKYPE session with Janice, but we ended up just talking on the phone for an hour.  When we got off the phone it was time to take the first dose of ipuprophen, and that’s when the fun really started….I felt nauseous for the rest of the day and night!  I guess I have to start at a lower dose and work my way up.  Anyway, that didn’t stop me from working on a sewing project of 2 small quilts (to test what kind of seams and what kind of binding are the most sturdy) in the afternoon and starting a new baby sweater in the evening.

I have to show you this picture…it is a first….Cookie has found a new place to go to watch Michael while he is in the shower and then as he gets dressed:
yep, on top of her sleeping crate

 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. That second picture should be captioned, "What you lookin' at?" LOL

    I have been wearing a mouth guard for years to prevent the migraines I get from TMJ and grinding my teeth at night. Works like a charm - I hope yours does too. Didn't realize you use CPAP; I can't imagine that is comfortable, but they say it makes a real difference for people who need it. Hope to see news soon that your quilting machine is finally running properly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cookie looks like such a character. Can't wait to meet her...(someday...)

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.