Thursday, August 28, 2014


Michael and I had a lovely breakfast on the deck Wednesday morning (8/27).  It has been getting so cool in the evenings that it was in the low 60’s this morning.  After breakfast I took off on my bike for the grocery store and the library.  I got out 4 books of a series of quilting related murder mysteries!  The first woman was killed with a rotary cutter…we all know how easy that would be :- ).  Anyway, by the time I got home and returned a couple of phone calls, it was suddenly NOON.  I took a shower and started reading the first book while waiting to have my massage at 2 PM…it was heavenly.  The masseuse came right to the house and my wonderful honey took the dog for a walk so that I wouldn’t hear her whining and crying to come for a visit.  After the massage, I read for a bit more, and then made this fantastic dinner!  There was a recipe in the paper and it was so simple, but so good.  I chopped up napa cabbage, shredded carrots and sliced red onions very thin.  I added in chopped, cooked chicken and tossed it all with a bit of soy sauce and 2 tablespoons of hoisin sauce.  Then I layered it in these great high fiber, low carb tortilla wraps, laid down a bunch of mandarin oranges and rolled them up.  They were SO YUMMY!!!!!  We are definitely having again tomorrow night.  I had a SKYPE session with Janice and got to hear all about her new job, then I got to sew for just a tiny bit before snuggling with my honey in front of the boob tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.