Friday, August 29, 2014

sheriff badges, asian roll-ups


I was up at 6:15 AM on Thursday morning (8/28) to make breakfast for my honey, who left for golf at 6:45!!  I was wide awake, so just stayed up to get a lot of stuff done.  I ended up spending most of the day on ‘badges’ for the next production at the Fort Mill Community Theatre.  They needed 3 sheriff’s badge and Joyce (costume person) called to see if it would be possible for me to do them.  Here’s what they look like:
 
She’s going to buy gold ‘star’ buttons and attach those to the space in the middle.  I also worked on the binding and label for my small quilt, but didn’t quite get it finished.  I made those wonderful wraps for dinner again, and here’s a tutorial:
thinly slice napa cabbage, carrots & red onion
toss with 1 tbsp soy sauce & 2 - 3 tbsp hoisin sauce.  Layer on tortilla
top with drained mandarin orange slices

roll up tightly and serve....YUM!
































 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I read for a bit in the evening and then watched TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.