Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Cookie a duex, supply basket for Cooking Fingers


Michael and I were both up at 6 AM on Monday (8/18)….he had a very early tee time at Fort Mill golf course, and I made him breakfast before he left as he didn’t have time.  Once again….Cookie was loath to move anywhere:




Then I pulled together a bunch of paperwork for our Volunteer Board meeting and our regular meeting.  After that, it was time to get together all of the supplies I needed for the demo at Cooking Fingers. 

 

 I finally roused Cookie and after I took her out, she scurried over to her second favorite napping place:


The board meeting started at 9 AM and we got a lot accomplished before our regular monthly members meeting at 10:30.  Just after 11 I hurried down the hall to cooking fingers.  The first presenters were still going…the theme was vegetarian and they had a veggie lasagna (heaven…made with alfredo sauce…yum!) and veggie burgers with salsa and guacamole and a triple bean appetizer served with tortilla chips.  I did a demo on my Peach Crisp for dessert and was thrilled when more than a few women came up to tell me how good it was!  I’ll tell you….Paula has whipped that club into shape and it works like a well ordered machine.  By the time I finished eating samples of everything, all of my dishes had been washed and piled up by my basket.  I got home around 1 PM, and frankly I was pooped.  I read my book for a bit, then headed downstairs to try to get my long arm working yet again.  No surprise, no luck.  On Thursday I should receive a package of more electronic equipment to switch out with what I’ve got.  I’m still holding on to my ‘it will work by the end of the year’ calm…but it’s taking an effort.  Michael made spaghetti for dinner for himself (I woke up Sunday with a toothache and still had it…I actually didn’t get to eat very much at the cooking demo, which was a shame because stuff looked really good) and I had a fruit smoothie…something I could eat without chewing.  I worked in the studio in the early evening, sewing together tumbling blocks and joined Michael around 8 PM for TV.  We also went through boxes of stuff we had ordered as wedding gifts and got it all arranged and wrapped. 

Someone asked about the fidget quilting I want to do…these are small quilts for Alzheimer's patients, which give their hands something to fidget with.  You are supposed to include things tied to the top like velcro, old keys, buttons, beads, whatever and to use different textures of fabrics.  They are also not supposed to be pretty, because if they are, people tend to put them away as ‘good’ and not use them.  I have all of my fabrics cut and many of the things I want to include on the top…but still need old keys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.