Saturday, August 9, 2014

dog beds, skillet lasagna


I was up at 6:30 AM on Thursday (8/7) with lots to do.  I got my shower out of the way, then got a blog entry done, re-threaded my serger (always a chancy and sometimes lengthy undertaking!), packed the car for quilting, made a smurfy breakfast  omelet with cheese, onions and tomatoes, and worked a tiny bit on my secret project  all before 9 AM, when I left to pick up Nancy (and return her dehydrator.  I read some of the recipes to use the dried tomatoes, and didn’t think I would use them, PLUS I talked to Loree and she agree to come over next Monday with her pressure canner and teach me how to can tomato sauce….SCORE!!!) and head to quilting.  We got to quilting just before 9:30 AM and it was 1:46 when I left….I was EXHAUSTED…but guess what didn’t come home with me?  That’s right TWENTY dog beds….cut…serged and ends all sewn in (thank you Mary B!!) 
 
 
Even though I was tired and cranky and STARVING when I left…I made myself head into Lancaster to get a paper piecing pattern blown up 300%.  I’m going to be taking it on retreat (in FORTY-ONE DAYS!!!!) and I know that time is going to go by in a flash….so today was the day.  I was home by 3 and made a fruit smoothie….YUM! and tried to drum up a little energy to work on secret things  :- ).   I made skillet lasagna for dinner,


and sewed until around 8 PM when I went upstairs and collapsed.
****************************************
 
Michael left for golf at 7:30 Friday morning (8/8) and I headed to the studio, determined to make significant progress on secret things  :- ).
He got home at 1 PM…totally disappointed with his 87….these guys are just not to be believed….I read somewhere that if you consistently break 100, you are in the top FIVE percent of golfers in the world…he is not only breaking 100…he consistently breaks 90…but still he is NOT HAPPY!!!!  Sometimes I don’t know why he plays at all  :- ).

Anyway, I was in the studio until 8 PM (leftovers for dinner that Michael fixed) and finally staggered upstairs to relax.

1 comment:

  1. skillet lasagna ??? Is that your concoction ? I don't think I've ever heard you talk about it...

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.