Monday, August 11, 2014

garden flowers


We were both up before 7 AM on Saturday (8/9)…Michael went to the grocery store, while I collected everything I needed for the final sorting of our school supplies up at the Lake House.  He dropped me off at 8 and Becky and I proceeded to get the room all set up for the sorters.  We had a FABULOUS group of people helping and got everything sorted and loaded onto the trucks, which will deliver the supplies to both elementary schools next week.  I was home by 11:30 and was absolutely exhausted.  I took 2 Aleve, read the paper, took a quick nap, then Michael and I headed over to Jan’s to get a stationary bicycle out of her car and into her sun room.  The therapy people have been urging her to get Walt on a bike, so she bought one on Friday.  We took the long way home to check out all of the new construction, and once we were home, Michael took off for 9 holes of (squishy….lots of rain this morning) golf, while I got a second wind and continued sewing.  I sewed until 6, when Michael did burgers on the grill for dinner (our first burgers of the year and it is AUGUST!!!)  I went back to sewing until 8, then wandered upstairs for some snuggling!
************************************
Michael picked the most beautiful bouquet from our garden, including the FIRST hydrangea blossom!!!


includes hydrangeas, dahlias, zinnias, daisies & a sunflower

Jan and I had errands we ran Sunday morning (8/10), and I spent the rest of the day in the studio, working on things.   In addition to working on secret things, I got all of the strips for my remaining tumbling blocks cut and sewn into strata.  We had leftover skillet lasagna for dinner and I continued sewing until after 8 PM, when I joined Michael to watch a bit of TV before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.