Friday, August 22, 2014

mini-quilts


Michael took Cookie for a walk early Thursday morning (8/21) while I ran around and gathered supplies for quilting and then headed out.  I got 2 more sets of tumbling blocks cut out and was home around 1.  Barry came at 2 PM and stayed until 5….when he left, my long arm appeared to be working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I spent the afternoon sewing on 2 small quilts (8 inches by 8 inches):

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
These quilts are going to be a test…on one quilt, I pressed the seams open and put straight of grain binding on it…the other quilt has the seams more traditionally pressed to the dark side, and also has bias binding.  I’m going to wash and dry these quilts every time we do a load of laundry and see how they hold up…stay tuned until next year for the results :- ).  Michael and I had leftovers for dinner, and I played with my long arm for the rest of the evening.

3 comments:

  1. Wahoo! for a working long arm quilter! Keeping my fingers crossed....

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY !!! Looking forward to seeing many beautifully quilted items !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooo Hoo!!!!!! Let the quilting begin!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.