Saturday, August 30, 2014

sheriff badges, new long arm quilt, raclette grill


OOPS!!!  When I did the tutorial yesterday…I forgot to add in the chicken!  Before you add the soy sauce and hoisin sauce, you should put in 3 oz of cooked chicken per person (so I added in 6 ounces) and that ended up filling 3 wraps, so Michael and I shared the 3rd wrap….sorry about that!
******************************************
 
Michael went golfing here at SCCL on Friday (8/29).  Their tee off time wasn’t until 11 AM and the temperature was brutal by the time he got home at 3:30 PM.  Nancy H and I ran an errand in the morning, then stopped at PUBLIX and had a good time grocery shopping together on the way home.  I spent the early afternoon cutting out and trimming the sheriff’s badges:
 
I made them a tiny bit smaller than the sample…Joyce will be picking them up over the weekend.  The rest of the afternoon was spent on totally finishing the new quilt

this quilt top was so old that I don't even remember making it!

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
I also had a chance to cut apart my last long arm sample into dog bed sized rectangles.  At 5 PM, Michael and I got cleaned up and headed over to Debra & John’s.  They had invited us for dinner…and it was make your own dinner…it was so cool!  They have a raclette grill and it was on the table.  Debra had baked potatoes for all of us, and there were about 10 different toppings for us to cook on the grill, or under the broiler on the machine, to top our potatoes. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
What a fun and tasty dinner it was.  After that they introduced us to another new card game….it is always fun to get together with them!!  We were home by 9:30 and I got a second wind.  I headed to the studio while Michael watched TV and got all 8 of the dog beds serged before heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.