Monday, March 10, 2014

garlic rolls, charity pillow cases


Wednesday morning (3/5) Michael left for golf and I got laundry started…then spent an hour talking to Janice….then spent an hour and a half getting first, post-vacation blog entry done, then an hour visiting with Anne (across the street neighbor), then an hour eating lunch and reading just a tiny bit, and then an hour redding up the kitchen/living room/bedroom.  I tried to take a nap (still tired from the trip I guess) but Cookie wouldn’t cooperate, so I finally just got up. Michael came home around 3 with an awful score (as he said) of 91….he said Jim came home with a terrific score of 92….perspective is everything, isn’t it J.  We read in the living room for a bit, then Michael took a long soak in the whirlpool tub to get warm (it never got out of the 40’s on Wednesday and it was very windy).  We had leftovers for dinner…I got a bit of cutting done (working on my 4th block) and made garlic roll dough (and garlic butter for our Italian themed lunch at quilting)
hot from the oven at Thursday quilting
to rise overnight in the fridge, then watched TV with my honey before going to bed.
******************************

I got up early on Thursday (3/6) because I couldn’t stop clearing my throat….I think I picked up a little bit of a bug on the plane on the way home L.  I went to quilting and got my pillow cases ironed (I got 18 charity pillow cases done while I was in Connecticut).
 
But by the time I got home it was obvious that something more than tiredness was going on with me.  I headed to bed as soon as I got home, and basically didn’t get up until Monday morning (can you say FLU???  Well – I’m calling it the plague, because flu seems like such an innocuous word for what I have barely lived through over the past 3-1/2 days!!)  Even my hair hurt and I really think there should be a waiting period for buying a gun because if I had been able to get one easily…I think I would have used it to end the misery.  OK…sorry for rambling…brain still not 100% (and stop laughing you guys who are saying ‘when was it EVER 100%?)  Oh, I did get up a few times to eat Campbell’s chicken noodle soup (the soup of choice when I am sick) and on a rather memorable Friday morning.  I got up and took a shower and got dressed and spent the rest of the morning trying to convince myself that I could still go out to lunch with Paula.  We planned this lunch weeks ago, and I really didn’t want to miss it (I’m not sure that we have EVER gone to lunch together in the 7 years we have known each other)….but I finally called her to say I couldn’t go, and crawled back into bed.  Michael took my temperature Friday afternoon, and as it was almost 102 degrees, that explained the railroad-spikes-being-driven-into-my-head feeling.  Some aspirin calmed that down somewhat.  Saturday morning (3/8) Michael left for golf and I got up and had a cup of tea, read my book for a bit, and headed back to bed.  This pretty much was the pattern through Monday morning….when I got up feeling somewhat human again.  Like a Phoenix rising from the ashes…I think I’m back on track again J.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.