Thursday, March 27, 2014

charity quilt, necklaces

Tuesday (3/25) was rainy and overcast and Michael and I spent the morning in the studio…he had some new ideas for the tumbling blocks, and I was working on binding a charity quilt for Scrap Happy Quilters.  A group of us made the top during our last charity day, Loree took it home and quilted the entire quilt, and I told her I was happy to put on the binding.  I went to Stitch & Chat in the afternoon, and in addition to trying to sign on to pay bills on Michael’s computer, I also tried to sign on to 4 different computers at the Lake House….no go!  Based on this, when I came home, I called the bank support group and told them that I believed the problem was on THEIR end and not on mine.  In the shocker of all time…the guy agreed with me.  He said their DP department had figured out that their system was having a problem with the word ‘soap’ in my sign on (I was signing on as dreamsoaps)…he said that several other customers were experiencing the same problem, but the bank didn’t know what had changed in their system to cause the problem.  I said ‘who cares, let’s change my logon id’….and that successfully solved it J.  Now I just have to remember the new logon id.  Anyway, I made creamy chicken & wild rice soup for dinner (and it was yummy) and then Michael went to the movies with Larry, while I visited with Jan for the evening.

 *************************************

Wednesday morning (3/26) I was up early to pick up Rose, Jan and Loree to head off to Mary Jo’s.  Loree got all of her fabric to do a second tumbling blocks quilt, Jan got green fabric for the borders and binding of her green quilt and Rose got some needles.  I decided once I got there that I would like to use my leftover hand dyed, and just fill in with tones/shades I needed…but of course I didn’t bring it with me, so I’ll have to come back in a couple of weeks (so sad J).  After that we made a stop at SEW MUCH FUN and I got a piece of fabric for a jacket I want to make, then it was a delightful lunch at SCHLOTZKY’S and then home at 2 PM.  I don’t know why I was so tired, but I immediately took a nap while Michael took the dog for a walk.  In the afternoon and early evening I finished up the binding on that charity quilt:
 
then it was TV and bed.  Oh, and a day or so ago I finished up 3 of my beaded necklaces.  I didn’t realize how low my inventory on them was (I sold a lot over Christmas) so I knocked out some:
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.