Friday, March 28, 2014

blueberry coffee cake, Loree's tumbling blocks fabric

I was up early on Thursday (3/27) to get a blueberry cake baked (recipe coutesy of BG) to take to quilting:



It got really good reviews and I will definitely keep this recipe, but I may turn it into muffins instead.  The thing I screwed up was that I didn’t thaw out the blueberries overnight, so when I put 4 cups in the coffee cake, my batter seized and I could barely put it in the pan…..and since it was so cold, it took an extra THIRTY minutes to bake!  Needless to say I was a bit late to quilting.  Anyway, we had a good time and Loree kindly brought her tumbling blocks fabric so that I could take a picture and send to BG (the 3 of us are going to do the same wall hanging at the same time).  Aren’t they beautiful?

 
When I got home, I just had time to put all of my stuff away before heading over to Marcel’s for a massage…HEAVEN!!!  I used to get a massage once a month when I had more ‘disposable income’, but haven’t had one in quite awhile….it was WONDERFUL!!  I came home and Michael and I spent a bit more time on the tumbling blocks layout.  We decided to do a quick trip to Hobby Lobby for background fabric, and ate dinner at Ruby Tuesday’s while we were in Rock Hill.  Once we got home I worked for just an hour in the studio before joining my honey for TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.