Thursday, March 6, 2014

floozies working, floozies & non-floozies partying

Janice and I were up early to get our showers out of the way before the Fiber Floozies show up at 9 (supposedly).  9 comes and goes....9:15 comes and goes....at 9:25 I say to Janice 'did I really put 9 am on the invite?  Maybe I put 9:30'….Janice says ‘no, you put 9’.....9:40 comes and goes (now, we already know that MJ will be late because she emailed that they ran out of oil and are awaiting a delivery.)  9:45 still no one is there....finally, at 9:50 Leila (who thought she would be the last to arrive)....arrives first.  Before she showed up, Janice read Leila's tweets from Thursday night, so we know she was up until 12:30 AM cutting up veggies for the soup she is making us for lunch.....BG finally arrives after that ....and Mary Jo comes around 11:
Mary Jo

Leila

BG

Janice

Janice's dining room table....craft central!

Mary Jo ironing her blocks

BG cutting table runner blocks

piecing of table runner....done!

Jennifer (other daughter, away at college) stopped in for an hour in the afternoon to say hi and steal food out of the fridge to take back to school (college students….some things never change J)
Janice & Jennifer
We sewed all day...except to stop for lunch and enjoy Leila’s terrific soup…and around 5 PM the non-Floozie party got started.

Karen B.

Tara

Laure D - best boss ever!!!  and good friend.























 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Larry

beautiful flowers from......
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Lisa - former 6th grade student of Michael's and all aroung fun person!

Don & Ann
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The party Friday night was wonderful....Janice made lasagna and saugage and peppers, along with quinoa bites and veggeis and dip.  Lots of people I haven’t seen in ages….some I’ve seen recently…it was great to get caught up on people’s lives…I tried to get pictures in the beginning of the evening, but definitely missed a few people who came later.  It was a GREAT party and Mary Jo and I left for her house around 10 PM. 
We got home around 10:30...stayed up talking until 12 and fell into bed.
************************************
When I got up Saturday morning, I found that Chuck had already gone out to get paczki's and 1/2 & 1/2 for my tea (that I stupidly forgot it at Janice's) what a sweetheart!! Mary Jo and I plopped at the dining room table and started talking and showing yarn and dragging out quilt patterns and fabric.  Chuck came out 2 -3 hours later and said 'what's the plan.....don't you guys have some plan' and I said 'this IS the plan...we could sit here and talk about knitting and quilting all day:-'.  Around 1:30 PM we both got hungry and decided to go out and get food.   A month or 2 ago Mary Jo found this place which had a special grilled cheese sandwich with artisan cheese and maybe green apples on it, but when we called them they were no longer making it so Mary Jo suggested Reins...I got a Rueben....YUM!!!!  It was just as good as I remembered.  Then we hit a new yarn shop in the same shopping center.....lots of gorgeous yarns...but I only bought a pattern for a scarf.  We hit QUILTING BY THE YARD, which I still think is the best quilting store I have been in, in either CT or SC....they arrange almost all of their fabric into color families...it is cool to walk through the store…but again...I stuck to my New Year’s resolution about fabric buying (or I should say NOT buying) and bought only a pattern.  We got home around 3:30 and it was back to the dining room table to talk and talk and talk!!  Finally MJ said the plan was to go out to dinner, somewhere on the way to BG's and then take me to BG's house.  I said 'can we change the plan, take me to BG's house and you and Chuck go to dinner on the way back (even though it was 7:30 I was still stuffed from lunch) so that's what we did.  I neglected to get a picture beforehand, so Mary Jo and Chuck graciously hopped out of the car for a last minute shot: 
 
BG and I sat up until 11 talking and then both of us fell into bed.  So basically, other than a 2 hour break for lunch, Mary Jo and I sat at the dining room table from 9:30 to 7:30 talking, showing yarn, talking looking at patterns, talking looking at quilting blocks talking, checking out fabric...and oh, did I mention talking?!?!?!

1 comment:

  1. Great times ! Great Photos ! and Great Food ! GREAT to see YOU !!!!
    (MJ in CT)

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.