Saturday, March 29, 2014

Friday night dinner, Charles & Mary

I headed to the grocery store early on Friday (3/28) and ran into Beth while there…she needed some knitting ripped out, so she stopped by later in the morning and we also got to talk a good bit (we haven’t seen each other in several weeks!)  I spent the early afternoon working on a new project that I hope to get done while Michael is in Myrtle Beach.  I got a few samples made before it was time to head upstairs and get dinner ready.  I made 2 quiches (mushroom & spinach and broccoli & carmelized onion), a pan of rolls and a fruit salad:
notice the beautiful flowers at the end of the island,
a gift from Mary & Charles

Mary and Charles showed up at 6


and I think we all had a wonderful time.  We talked for a bit, then played LCR, then SCREWED and then golf.  And through it all we talked and talked and talked…it was wonderful.  They left around 10 and I read for just a bit before heading for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.