Wednesday, March 19, 2014

fudge-icle boy, tumbling blocks so far....

Jan had an extra coupon for crab cakes at Earth Fare, so Michael headed down there on Monday to get them.  He was excited to go because Earth Fare generally has lots of flavors of his soy ice cream…and he has been craving ice cream lately.  Well, he was totally disappointed that the only flavor they had was ‘cookie dough’….which we both think is yucky.  Monday night after dinner he mentioned again that he was craving ice cream, so when he took the dog out after dinner, I ran downstairs to find a recipe I wanted to make for him.  I got this recipe months ago (and was really excited because it would use up these cans of coconut milk I had in my pantry), but never got off of my butt to get it made.  Anyway, using a can of coconut milk, I whipped up 5 fudge-icles and put them in the freezer.  They still weren’t set up by the time we went to bed, so we didn’t try them until Tuesday (3/18) at lunch time.  I made pancakes for breakfast, then Michael headed to CVS and when he got home we broke one out.  I was dying to check out the texture, because if he liked it, I was ready to make a double run and just put it in a quart container.




They were really good and he’s still deciding whether he wants them in fudge-icle form, or just in a quart.  I got cleaned up after that and headed up to the Lake House for Stitch & Chat.  I took a picture of my tumbling blocks to put in a letter to a friend, and made a second copy to take to S&C.  I think it is safe to say that people didn’t know how to react to it.  Many people thought it was a picture from a book that I was going to make…some people thought it was painted….when they finally understood….they were in awe….as I think Michael and I are every time we turn around and look at the design wall:
 
I only have 1 more block to go! 

Anyway, I came home from S&C, we both read our books for a bit, then had the last 2 crab cakes with leftover butternut squash pasta…another heavenly meal.  Michael wanted to watch a movie in the evening, so I made a big bowl of popcorn and headed over to Jan’s to solve the problems of the world….we had a wonderful time talking and I crashed into bed around 10:30.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely STUNNING !!! I can't wait to see it in person someday.... Beautiful work my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.