Friday, March 21, 2014

Elsie & Cookie, blueberry quick bread?


Although it was drizzly and cold on Wednesday morning (3/19), Michael still left for his golf tournament at 7:30 AM.  I had a nice breakfast, read the paper, read my book for a bit, then headed to the studio to begin my last block for the tumbling blocks.  I had company while I was there:
not snuggling yet but thinking about it
 
I got all 3 of my stratas done before it was time to stop and make 2 runs of roll dough for the church dinner.  Michael came home while I was upstairs and he was frozen to the bone, so he hopped into the whirlpool tub for an hour to get warm, and I took him something warm to drink as well.  By then it was time to get cleaned up and head to the church for family night.  The Scrap Happy Quilters (my Thursday group) host family night at the church once a year and that was Wednesday night.  I went back and forth on making the rolls; I couldn’t decide whether that was a stupid idea or a good idea…so finally I called Loree and she said they rarely had bread, so I made 40 rolls and baked them at the church.  There was tons of great food there, and I got several compliments on the rolls.  The program was the husband of one of the quilter’s singing Irish and other tunes, and he was really good.  By the time we got home, we watched just a bit of TV and at 10:30 started to head to bed.  I wanted to take a blueberry quick bread to quilting, but couldn’t find my recipe, so it morphed into peanut butter chocolate bars (but there were a lot of jokes Thursday about where the blueberries were)
Thursday morning (3/20) I was up early to get the car packed and to head off to quilting.  I got all of my 1/2 triangles cut for the last block before heading home at 1.  I took a nap while Michael took the dog for a walk, Paula came for a nice visit and then Michael and I headed to Wendy’s to try out their fish sandwich for dinner (we both really liked it, although I took a tip from Paula.  She had one and they put the tartar sauce next to the lettuce…she didn’t like that, and I knew I wouldn’t either, so I asked for tartar sauce on the side and put it next to the fish.  I’m glad SOMEONE ELSE out there is as discriminating about their sandwiches as I am J)  When we got home, I got to work on 3 knitted necklaces I am finishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.