Thursday, March 13, 2014

Cookie & Michael

Michael got me up at 7 on Tuesday (3/11) for an ob-gyn routine appointment and my butt was DRAGGIN’!  While I feel really good, I am still coughing a lot (and it wakes me up several times a night) and that will probably keep up for awhile (as everyone says).  I guess it really disrupted my sleep last night and I’m one pooped pup.

After the appointment, I stopped at TARGET looking for COMBOS for my honey….no luck with that, so I bought him some peeps, as well as some chocolate candy that BG and I really like.  I hit WALMART on the way home to return some things (does TARGET really pay their employees that much more than WALMART does?  I find it hard to believe that’s true, but the different in attitude between the 2 stores, which seem to basically sell the same stuff, is staggering).  Then I hit GNC and finally got home after 11.  I was pooped and read my book and had a quick lunch ‘til Joanne picked me up for Stitch & Chat.  One of the other ladies had made me a copy of a really sweet baby sweater pattern that I can’t wait to try.  I got a bit of ‘sewing together’ done on the baby sweater and a lot of chatting done with various folks before we headed home.  As soon as I got home, I made another cup of tea and sat with my newest book.  I finally finished it right after Michael left for the movies.  The name of the book is ME BEFORE YOU and the author is Jojo Moyes.  I don’t want to say anything about this book, because I don’t want to give away anything, but this book was truly incredible and I urge everyone to read it.  How these people can create such a powerful story out of ordinary events, and make the reader care SO MUCH….I cannot comprehend…..guess that’s what great writing is all about J.  If you’ve already read the book and want to know what I thought, leave me a message on the blog and I’ll write back to you direcly.It’s a good thing I finally finished it, as I had to spend the evening filling out forms and gathering up crafts for a meeting Wednesday morning.  Michael didn’t get home until after 10 and we watched just a bit of TV before heading to bed.

 *************************************

Wednesday morning (3/12) I was up early and after my terrific weekly phone call from Janice, I headed to Rock Hill to meet up with someone interested in displaying and selling my crafts.  Christia and I talked for several hours, and I turned several samples over to her for display in her shop.  I was home by 1 (totally STARVING as I never picked up anything for breakfast) and my honey had made me a grilled ham & cheese sandwich….YUMMMMM-O!  He headed out to get in 9 holes of golf, while I took a nap!  I felt like I’d been on the run ever since Monday morning, and I needed a bit of extra sleep.  When Michael got home from golf, we both got cleaned up, then got to relax a bit:
hanging with dad
 
before Joanne & Larry picked us up for dinner.  We headed to Red Lobster (where we haven’t eaten in well over a year) and had a FABULOUS dinner.  Michael got King Crab Legs and the morsels he shared with me were totally delectable.  I had tilapia with a crab/shrimp/butter sauce, preceeded by a Cesar Salad that was excellent.  When we got home, we were both very full and sat on the couch and watched TV.  I started knitting on a beaded necklace, since my inventory on those got so low over the holiday sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.