Wednesday, August 21, 2013

roses in the rain, crape myrtle, Elsi & Cookie, pizza


It rained overnight and when I went out Monday morning (8/19) I just had to try to get some pictures of a few of our roses with the raindrops:

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
They have about 10 blooms on them again…even if they are 6 feet tall:


 
And we’ve decided that we could hold weddings on our front walk…under the crape myrtle canopy:



 Anyway, Michael left (with crossed fingers against the rain) for golf and I made a smoothie and headed downstairs to watch a bit of TV while eating my breakfast…I had company:

 
I love this shot showing the cat paw stroking Cookie's back!

 
again, another shift in position a little later

 
Just after 10 I left for the volunteer meeting.  We had a speaker…..someone I haven’t seen for FIVE years!!!  I was so excited to see her again….hope we can have lunch in the near future.  She is now executive director of the Pregnancy Crisis Center in a nearby town.  After to listening to all she said, and hearing how she is running the center, I am HIGHLY motivated to do some baby clothes.  Maybe once I finish my box of hats for the elementary school, the baby stuff will be my next project J.  I got home and had time for a really fast lunch before I picked up Pat and we headed off to the machine embroidery club.  There were only 6 members there (because a lot are traveling over the summer), but the discussion was wonderful!

Michael ended up getting rained out in the morning, but decided to try to get in a few holes when I came home from the meeting.  I sautéed mushrooms, onions and green peppers while he was gone and we built an incredible pizza for dinner:

before baking








 

 
 
 
after baking
 
 
 
 
After dinner I did a bit of work on the coasters, then headed upstairs to be with my honey.

 

1 comment:

  1. The flowers are simply BEAUTIFUL. I am changing my thoughts that Sun City would be too restrictive for my gardening desires. It sure seems like you have plenty of plantings.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.